Baked 7 Layer Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno peppers, jarred
- 1 1-ounce envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 handful of cilantro
1. In a large skillet cook ground beef and jalapeno with half of the taco seasoning mix (about 2 tablespoons) until beef is no longer pink; remove from heat, drain fat, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, spread cream cheese into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Spread cream cheese layer with refried beans. Stir the lime juice into the mashed avocado with cilantro and spread over refried bean layer. In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining taco seasoning mix. Spread this sour cream mixture atop the avocado layer. Top with ground beef mixture and then sprinkle top with cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven about 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is evenly melted. Top with green onions and salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
Inspired by: http://www.recipe.com/tex-mex-taco-dip/