Low-Cal Organic Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 6 jumbo muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, white splenda, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk skim milk, egg, softened butter, and vegetable oil. Mix the liquid ingredients into the whole wheat flour mixture to make a smooth batter, and gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them to the top.
- Combine brown sugar splenda with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl and spoon the mixture onto the muffins, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.