Quick and Easy Cronuts
Pillsbury crescent roll dough
Cooking oil of your preference
1) Roll crescent roll dough and shape into rings.
2) Drop donuts into hot oil
3) Fry on each side until golden brown
4) Remove from oil and cool on paper towels to soak up excess grease
5) Glaze with creamed honey
Commentary: Cronuts are super hard to find, so I just wanted to come up with a quickie recipe similar to what we previously did with our Mini King Cakes. I don’t know if it gets much more quick or easy than this.
Eat With Your Mouthfools: Recipes From the Heart of New Orleans
Look who has their own recipe book!
I put this together for Katie for Christmas using createmycookbook.com. The process was pretty simple and it was one of the only ones out there I could find that offer a spiral ring binding instead of a standard book binding. It turned out great! It’s so cool having our very own recipe book.
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons butter
Half and half
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place one crust in a nine inch pie pan.
2) Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix lightly through the berries. Pour filling into pastry lined pan, and dot fruit with butter or margarine. Cover with top crust, and cut slits in the top. Seal and flute the edges.
3) Brush half and half onto top crust and sprinkle with sugar (about 1 tablespoon).
4) Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned.
Inspired by: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Old-Fashioned-Strawberry-Pie/